Good Grief! Shock was felt when this lovely person posted to inform me that I had been nominated for a Leibster… How flattered am I?!?!?
The Liebster Award dates back to 2010, German in origin and the idea is to focus on the blogs with smaller following from what I understand following of less than 200.
This particular Liebster Award is being given to those participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge. This challenge began on Monday, April 1st and runs through the end of the month each day participants post their way through the alphabet taking Sundays off for good behaviour. The topics themes and styles of posts are fab and worth a look.
A huge thankyou is extended to my nominator whose blog, A short a day, is a great read http://ashortaday.wordpress.com I highly recomend a visit!
Now to accept this award I need to do a few things
11 Random Facts about me.
1. I hate mushy peas- they are a northern thing and I don’t understand it – why eat something green and splodge-like that looks like it has already been chewed
2. I can say “that table has no legs” in Polish
3. I was on telly as a kid – I won a prize for speaking Welsh!
4. I am able to roll my eyes into my head –looking for my brain.
5. I used to have to wear a yellow and green uniform with a picture of a hippo on it – I hate yellow.
6. I sleep with a light on.
7. I went to my first proper Gig aged 35! Saw the Vaccines – they were FAB.
8. My CD collection has doubled in size in the last 12 months.
9. I always wanted to learn how to play backgammon but it confuses me.
10. I have work published- nothing of major note but seeing my words in print is a buzz
11. I am counting5 as 2 facts
11 Questions that I need to answer as part of this award.
- What three words best describe you?
Quirky, determined, friendly
- What life moment brought you the greatest joy?
Without doubt, my son being born!
- Why do you blog?
Ummmm… because I am a lazy writer and I needed to have a focus to write more frequently
- Who influenced you the most?
Oh this is difficult … I cannot name just one person … My parents probably my Dad!
- If you could do one thing in life and not be penalized for it, what would it be?
I would form a government of people I think could do a proper job and make sure they had the chance to turn the country around. OR possibly add 6 zeros to my current bank balance.
- If you were stranded on a desert island with three other people, who would you want with you? Why?
The Queen, because if she is there I won’t have to wait too long before I am found.
Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall- he would be in charge of finding food and feeding us.
Dan (my son) I think a few days without electric and technology would teach him an awful lot (+ I would miss him)
- Finish the sentence: “Today is the day I . . . said thank you for my nomination!”
- What does “Strength” mean to you?
Being able to support those around you, remaining positive in the face of adversity.
- What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Try and work out how much that would be in £’s
- How do you handle disappointment?
I cry .. sniff a bit then try again
- Why are you participating in the Blogging A to Z Challenge?
Because I needed a focus to kick me up the bum in the writing department!
To my Liebster Nominees, you are under no obligation to accept this award. However, it is an awesome opportunity for me to get to know you and you me. If you decide to accept the award in it’s current format, Blogging from A to Z Challenge, here’s what you need do.
- Post the award on your blogs
- Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their site
- Post 11 random facts about ourselves
- Answer 11 questions that the presenter of the award has asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you want to pass the award on to
- Ask our nominees 11 questions
And the 11 questions are ….
1. If you had to pick you final meal what would you choose?
2. If you could only have one book of fiction to read forever, which would it be?
3.Where do you most want to visit and why?
4. What is the best thing about blogging?
5. Why did you choose to take part in the A to Z challenge?
6. Have you preplanned any posts, Q or X or Z perhaps?
7. When did you last enjoy live music, who played?
8. Who influences you?
9. Which three words best describe you?
10.What makes you happy?
11. How long did you take to choose you 11 nominations?
So these are my nominations, all fabulous Blogs very different in many ways but each and every one is recomended, these are some super A to Zers!